- Lounging at home.
- Match-y, match-y.
- Vintage puzzles at the grandparents'.
- At their doctor's appointment right after Julien's routine shots.
- A Value Village visit.
- Waiting for Daddy.
- Playing with their new vintage toys (brought up from the basement).
- Baby grandpa loafers.
- At Andres & Krystle's wedding reception.
- Another baby belly shot.
- Some water fun at a spray pad nearby.
- Playing in a kiddie tunnel.
- Sitting on a swing after a swim.
- Making prints in the sand.
- Coming home.
- Milan feeding her babies blueberries.
Last year, James gave me a Beirut record for my birthday. This year, he gifted me tickets to see Beirut in concert for Mother's Day.
Tonight was the perfect evening for a concert. We parked downtown and walked to the Burton Cummings Theatre. On the way, we stopped off for some Smoke's poutine, which happened to be right in the middle of the Fringe Festival with lots of shops, people, and a live outdoor act on the stage.
The concert itself was so goooood. And hot. The theatre wasn't air conditioned. You could see the band constantly wiping their faces and their shirts were soaked from sweat by the end of the show. The crowd was also hot. We were randomly offered a few cubes of ice from a girl sitting behind us to help cool ourselves off.
We went home afterwards for some chocolate milkshakes by James, then to Grandma and Grandpa's to be with our kids who were being babysat and spending the night.
1. Sometimes kiddie play ends up in a part of the house where either James and I happen to be. This time it was in the kitchen.
2. Milan playing with a To Do list written on a toilet paper roll. We seemed to have accumulated too many to keep up with.
3. A piggy back Costco trip with Sarah and Norman (we don't have cards of our own).
4. Hugging my kids who just wanted to be cuddled at the end of the day.
2. & 3. The Melissa & Doug Bear Puzzle has finally made its way from the basement to the main floor. It has now become Milan's favourite toy.
4. Hung out at St. Vital Centre in the evening for some out-of-the-house activities away from the heat.
5. Milan's craft for James found proudly displayed on the mantel when we came home.